mercredi 7 juillet 2010

Dream catcher

ARchisT, merci

7 commentaires:

imimpressed a dit…

Great, Dindou.
Nice music, impressive dancing and nice camera composition.
A new category of performance art video?
It really needs some description from you, though.
Finally we can see your films full-screen.

correspondance(s) a dit…

Thank you!
This video was just like all the previous ones the result of my reaction in front of something happening in front of me or in me.
But actually, it is a bit more that time. Why? Because of this friend that dances - eventhough he's also an architect! - and we agreed after I asked him that I would film him.
I would really like to continue that, and lets hope he agrees! (ARchisT, qu'en dis-tu?...)

Did I answer your question? Or would you like me to explain more about the video?

correspondance(s) a dit…

PS: we didn't agree about anything ARchisT and I about the dancing nor filming: it just happened.
Nice surprise in the happening and the result...

imimpressed a dit…

What's nice about it is that it's unplanned and spontaneous, Dindou.
Perhaps it might be difficult to capture the same natural quality if you tried to repeat the experiment?
Where did the title 'Dream Catcher' come from, by the way?

correspondance(s) a dit…

"Dream catcher" is the name of the music... I thought it matched well with my friend, the dancing and this situation of end of the night.

Concerning the spontaneity, I don't know really, even when I have the movies well prepared in my mind, there is always something unexpected happening. And imagine filming something improvised... And honestly I prefer not to ristrict myself in anyway, knowing that I don't control the result from the beginning
I would say that the entire process of film making is where the spontaneity and the natural quality stand, if you let it happen... This is the nice surprise for me: all that happens from the moment you are looking at something you like to what you manage to do out of it.
But as you know sometimes I say I will make films and I don't (but I don't forget though) or it takes me ages to do them!!! :-)

ARchisT... a dit…

By the way, it takes me ages too to answer as you can see... But i'm ok for any new project in this kind of mood... spontaneity, dance...
Thx to the Lane Family.
D.

correspondance(s) a dit…

Let's make it happen then, dear ARchisT!