mercredi 26 mai 2010

untitled

2 commentaires:

papagato a dit…

I love the song.
It's the same singer you've used before, isn't it?
Nice play of reflections again in the window, too.
Is it a shop window, a gallery trying to look like a shop, or the Tate Modern?
It's obviously filmed in London, because of the red double-decker buses.
And it must be the same artist - M. Pistoletto, who did the 'Venus in Rags'.
In general I'm not too much of a fan of 'arte povera' - povere arte - but I think the 'shop window display' puts it more effectively in context than the gallery setting of first video, doesn't it?
Anyway, it's a relief to see a new video after checking your site every day and finding nothing.

correspondance(s) a dit…

You are right about almost everything!
Yes, it is the same singer I have used twice: Gil Scott Heron. The song is "I'll take care of you".
This new Venus was in London, yes!, in a restaurant window not far from Harod's. It looked strange with those chains...
The other Venus, "of the rags", reminded me of the Boltanski installation, "Autour de personne", but I am afraid I didn't manage to show the link well.

And yes, I am going through an empty blog phasis for different reasons: let's hope it will lead me to something new in the movies!!?

Thank you for being always around :-)