vendredi 19 mars 2010

the closest thing

3 commentaires:

Ctonpère a dit…

Is that rue j-p Timbaud, Dindou?
Interesting effect of multiple loops, which somehow goes well with the hypnotic, repetitive quality of the music.
But the words are saying one thing - ''No matter how far wrong you've gone, you can always turn around'' - and the video keeps on going back to the starting point before going off on another tangential loop.
Is it about cycles?

Unknown a dit…

j'adore. Ca m'émeut. Nos ombres projetées...elles ne sont pas tangibles, et pourtant, si on n'était pas là, sur terre, il manquerait leur présence sur nos trottoirs.

correspondance(s) a dit…

Actually there are different streets, in the marais : rue du Temple and rue des Archives mostly.
I thought it was amazing to see the shadows grow faster then I walk, become double and cross depending on the spots of light in the street...
I changed the music at the last music, exactly for the reason you have mentioned : repetition. And I liked the title "I'm new here". But before Marie sent me another version of the song this morning, I was absolutely unable to understand the words!! so I didn't get at the time I did the film what you heard!!
Apparently the lyrics say that you always can turn around and feel you are new here, quite interesting!

Ah Marie, oui, j'ai pensé à toi et à ta nouvelle "L'ombre et la petite fille", tu peux me croire!! j'y pense souvent d'ailleurs à ces illustrations inachevées! je n'ai pas abandonné
Et oui, nos ombres nous accrochent délicatement à la terre, en dehors de toute histoire de pesanteur...